On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 01:36, Brett I.Holcomb wrote:
> 1.  Is my edited /etc/make.conf really used during bootstrap.
>
> 2.  Is the USE variable used for stage 1?

Sort of.
If you look in the bootstrap script there are (were?) references to
'cleanup', this, I believe, handles the moving around of make.conf.
It does make sense to drop to a known, good, solid set of parameters
(not just USE) when doing the actual bootstrap. The gcc, glibc,
binutils, etc you are left with should have been compiled to your specs
when it's all finished, as they are compiled at least twice.

--
Mike Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>