This is during stage 1 - I don't set the CONFIG_PROTECT until AFTER stage 1.

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:26:07 +0100 (CET)
Jonathan Chocron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have noticed the same thing, it is due to the export
CONFIG_PROTECT="-*" instruction that you pass right
before emerging portage. I only see one solution : you can 'export CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/make.conf"'

Hope this helps

Jonathan

--- "Brett I. Holcomb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a
écrit : > Is the USE variable in /etc/make.conf really
used
during a bootstrap compile?
I ask because I've noticed that if I edit
/etc/make.conf per the instructions, then do the bootstrap and cat or less
/etc/make.conf stage 1 is building it does not have my changes in it -
make.conf.build has them but make.conf has the default.
I assume make.conf is used by the bootstrap to get
architecture, make, and download agent information (if any).
So

1. Is my edited /etc/make.conf really used during
bootstrap.

2. Is the USE variable used for stage 1?

Thanks.

--

Brett I. Holcomb
AKA Grunt <><