I know that this is way off topic and probably belongs on the forum,
but I figured that I could reach the maximum # of people this way.
        A couple of weeks ago, I decided to upgrade one of my computers with a
new motherboard and processor. I searched the web for top rated boards
at a good price and decided on the Leadtek K7NCR18D-pro. My focus then
changed to obtaining the best price possible.
        My search led me to decide on a company called PCRapids. Although
their shipping charges were on the high side, their prices were still
the best. My step-son and 3 of his co-workers decided to join in and I
placed my order on Feb. 15th for 5 Leadtek boards and 5 AthlonXP 2100+
processors. (at a fair price of $1.113.00) This sum was immediately
charged to my account and I was able to access a page that reported my
order status as "IN PROCESS".
        Now, after 11 days, this page still says "IN PROCESS" `10 or 12 emails
inquiring about my order have gone un answered and most telephone calls
are not picked up on their end. When a call is actually answered, I am
given an answer designed to placate me. Last Thursday, I was told that
my order had been shipped and that I could expect an email shortly with
a UPS tracking #. The email never appeared. Several emails and phone
calles were all unanswered. The following day, at 11:00 A.M. EST, I was
able to contact someone there by phone. He was very apolligetic and
informed me that in fact, the order was still in shipping and I could
expect an email shortly with my tracking number.
        Once again, no email was received. Several phone calls over the weekend
went unanswered (their site does state that they are closed Saturday and
Sunday) Monday morning, once again at 11:00 AM I was able to reach
someone by phone. This person, Miguele, informed me that for some
unknown reason, my order had not shipped as promised he assured me that
he would check into my situation and email me immediately with more
information. Again, I received no email. Still more phone calls and
emails were ignored.
        Yesterday,(2/26) I once again reached Miguele at 11:00 AM. He explained
that once again, my order had not shipped and again appologised to the
point where he actually sounded somewhat sincere. He assured me that the
order was packaged and waiting for their 4:00 PM UPS pickup and that
shipping had been upgraded to UPS 2nd day to partially make up for any
inconvenience. He also assured me that soon after the order left the
building,I would receive an email with the tracking number.
        Instead of a tracking number I received my first email response from
PCRapids durring this whole saga. I have pasted it below:

         i appologize for the delayed update. Your order with PCR for 5
leadtek motherboards, was not shipped today. the reason for this delay
is
because we only have limited stock of the Leadtek board that you wanted
purchase. We cannot send you an incomplete order that is why your order
has
not left our warehouse. I sincerely appologize for the inconvenience
caused
and understand excactly how you are feeling at this time. At this point
however i will not be able to get your order sent out today and will
probably have this out the door tomorrow, thought this is not also not
guaranteed. We do want your business but due to the circumstance, we
wont be
able to fulfill your request at this point. Again we appologize. If you
are
still interested with this order please reply to this email and i will
try
my best to expedite your order right away.

        Well, I am pretty flippin' mad here, but as it will take about a week
for my charge account to process a refund and another week to process an
order with another company, I am pretty much stuck with these people. I
intend to take what action I can against this company as soon as I have
received either my order or a refund, but I wanted to start here with a
warning to my friends at Gentoo.
        This same company also does business as tufshop.com and Mid-City
Computers.
see other's reports on dealing with this company:

Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free