Quoting Ernie Schroder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>       I would whole heartedly recommend Monarch to anyone in the market for
> computer hardware. Sorry about the commercial here, I realize that this
> is OT but I would hate for anyone else to go through the garbage I
> endured.

Newegg is also excellent in this regard (I've returned two items and they were
very gracious and accomodating in the process).  CDW, though expensive, was also
very good with the return when my Firegl X1 wouldn't work with the binary Linux
drivers ATI ships.

Perhaps we should have a hardware rating page, aimed at Gentoo (or perhaps more
generally GNU/Linux) folks, where one can check against other's experiences
before purchasing from a particular vendor.

Jean.