->-----Original Message-----
->From: John Indra [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
->Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 11:35 PM
->To: 'Louis C. Candell'
->Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
->Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Interested in Gentoo, need answers to several
->questions
->
->> Last words: Try Gentoo and you might not go back to FreeBSD. ;)
->
->Aah... Just the kind of light I hoped someone shed on me ;)
->
->Thank you very much. Your reply pretty much enlighten a lot of things.
->
->/john

The only thing I would add is that I dont know of a gentoo-designed way to
start from a bootable floppy rather than one of the gentoo cdroms.
Although, I am sure its just a matter of downloading for example a rootboot
disk http://www.toms.net/rb/  configuring your network, disks, downloading
which ever stage you wanted to start from, and then chrooting like you
usually do.  This would have to work, because if you can chroot from another
hard disk based install, you should be able to chroot from the floppy.

In fact, I'm actually suprised no one has made a floppy sans stage files etc
to boot w/ then dl the rest from there onto the box's hard drives.

kev