On Friday 07 March 2003 03:20 pm, Yannick Le Saint wrote:
> On Friday 07 March 2003 18:54, Timothy Grant wrote:
> > linux-wlan-ng uses an init script called wlan. This is not a Gentoo
> > flavour init script, but it still works pretty well. The problem is that
> > I want my net.wlan0 init script to "need" the wlan init script and I'm
> > not sure how to do this. I've tried...
> >
> > init.d/wlan..
> > depend {
> >     provide wlan
> > }
> >
> > init.d/net.wlan0...
> > depend {
> >     need wlan
> > }
> >
> > but that doesn't work as rc-update bitches about wlan not being a
> > dependancy or something like that.
>
> Maybe try running /sbin/depscan.sh before rc-update ??

Nope, here's what happens when I try that...

[EMAIL PROTECTED]) ./depscan.sh

* Caching service dependencies...
 * NEED:  can't find service wlan needed by net.wlan0;
 *        continuing...                                [ ok ]
([EMAIL PROTECTED])

It was an excellent idea though as I've now learned a lot more about how
init.d dependencies work!

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.