Jason Giangrande <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > Any help on deciding between an SBLive 5.1 Digital and an Audigy 1
> > would
> > be much appreciated with regard to good driver support for 5.1 sound.
>
> I have both the SB Live and an Audigy 1 and as far as Linux goes I don't
> think there is much of a difference in driver feature support.  I would
> go with whatever is cheaper.
>
> Jason

I have an SB Live and I notice a D R A M A T I C difference in sound
quality in my emu10k1 vs. my other built in sound cards, via82xx
intel8x0 als4000... SB & ALS are PCI and the other two are on the mo-bo...

This is an older SB Live (4 speaker - 2000) without 5.1, and it will make me
purchase another SB Live in the future.

Buy one! :)

--
Louis C. Candell