I have followed the instruction of the Desktop installation Guide.
without my nvidia card i have a 320X200 screen if a start X.

emerge nvidia-glx
emerge nvidia-kernel
echo "NVdriver" >> /etc/modules.autoload

modified the /etc/X11/XF86Config according to the guide.

If i reboot there is a message that the NVdriver is not loaded.
dmesg shows following error
nvidia: 10de:0187 - unknown PCI id
nvidia: no NVIDIA graphics adapter found

and X wont start

Patrick

Op di 11-03-2003, om 19:21 schreef Matthew Daubenspeck:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 08:12:42PM +0000, Patrick Marquetecken wrote:
> > I'm already having problems with my nvidia card and was wondering whats
> > next.
> > Is gentoo such a difficult distro, or is my knowledge to little?
>
> It would help if you could describe the problem a little better :)

Don't fear the penguin.
         .^.
         /V\
       /(   )\