On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 21:47, Patrick Marquetecken wrote:
> emerge nvidia-glx
> emerge nvidia-kernel
> echo "NVdriver" >> /etc/modules.autoload
>
> modified the /etc/X11/XF86Config according to the guide.
>

> If i reboot there is a message that the NVdriver is not loaded.
> dmesg shows following error
> nvidia: 10de:0187 - unknown PCI id
> nvidia: no NVIDIA graphics adapter found
>
> and X wont start
>
> Patrick

right, the only problem is, that it seems that you are using the "up to
date" drivers (should be 4191(-r1/-r2)) and it seems that the
documentation has not been updated.
the module name changed from "NVdriver" to "nvidia" in the past big
version upgrade (3123 to 4191).
so change "NVdriver" to "nvidia" in your /etc/modules.autoload and that
should fix it :)

let me know if there are any other problems that i maybe can help out
with.

regards,
-Brian