On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 22:05, Ernie Schroder wrote:
> nvidia-*-4191 are still masked, I believe, NVdriver is still correct for
> the standard drivers. Using the 4191 drivers requires other maskes
> packages to be installed such as:
> gcc-3.2.2-r1 [3.2.1-r6]
> glibc-2.3.2 [2.3.1-r2]
> xfree-4.3.0-r1 [4.2.1-r2]
> And gcc 3.2.2-r1 gave me some problems the other night on my new box.

well, i have nvidia-*-4191 installed - using ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" so
i'm not entirely sure if it's masked or not.

regarding gcc-3.2.2-r1:
i didn't install it, i just injected it, as i don't really feel like
upgrading every "-rXX" change, so to satisfy the "needs" of emerge i
just injected 3.2.2-r1 and have 3.2.2 installed (next upgrade i'll do
*might* be 3.2.3 - maybe later... we'll see) - imho it just takes up
"too much time" (and transfer - evil austrian isps decided to "give" the
customers limited transfer with their ADSL packages, and cable is not an
option :/ )
same goes for Xfree-4.3.0-rXX ;)

though, as you say, NVdriver is correct for any official version prior
to the 4191 (well, maybe it might have been different to start off with,
but it has been NVdriver for the past few.. what? year(s)? - i didn't
really keep track of it), but if Patrick is using the 4191 (which i'd
assume when he's installing 1.4-rc3 - like mentioned in a mail of his
beforehand) then the module he needs is nvidia :)

if you happen to be offended, i did not at all mean to do so.

-Brian