On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Michael W. Holdeman wrote:

> My kids are getting to the point where they need internet access. Thay are
> supervised to the best of our ability but I would like a content filtering
> system, There are several for windoze type apps, what about Linux? I really
> don't have an extra machine to set up squid/squidguard.

As far as I've been able to tell, the only content filtering system that
actually works is your kids brain, with help from advice from the parents.
There will always be sites that get past the filters, and in my opinion a
much worse case, there will always be sites that should get past the filters
but don't.
Unless the goal is not to filter their access, but to train them to avoid
filters:-) In that case, most of the systems out there will probably do the
trick.

Your best bet to find what you are looking for is to go to freshmeat and do
a search for content filter. To make it ultra-easy, as I just did it myself,
here is the URL:
http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=content+filter&section=projects&x=13&y=7

At least some of the hits look like what you are looking for.

--
Craig West         Ph: (416) 567-1491   |  It's not a bug,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               |  It's a feature...