Richard Revis wrote:

Don Smith wrote:

Ideas?

None - I am starting to get a little irritated by it now. I have tried blakdown 1.3.1,1.4.1 sun j2sdk 1.4.1, jdk 1.4.1 and others, all with no sucess (although they work fine in phoenix-bin).

Just remove the symbolic link to stop it crashing and load phoenix when you
need a java site, until 1.3.1 gets committed to stable and (fingers
crossed) it starts working again.

I have java working in Mozilla now. Here is what I did:

1. Unmerged any and all versions of java (jdk, jre, etc.)

2. Deleted the directories in /opt and the plugins in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

(note: most from here to #8 is from another post)

3. Unmerge Openmotif and Lesstif if you have them installed

4. Emerge Mozilla

At this point Moz wants to install the Blackdown-jre 1.3.1. I used ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge mozilla to get Blackdown-jre 1.4.1, which actually installs first.

5. Type 'java-config --list-available-vms' (look for Blackdown 1.4.1)

6. Type 'java-config --set-system-vm=blackdown-jre-1.4.1'

7. Reinstall Openmotif or Lesstif if you had them installed.

8. Type 'env-update'

Now this works for Mozilla, but at the moment Opera does not work and neither does Phoenix. I may have to install another version for Opera to work and Phoenix I am not sure but I will keep looking. Yes, I mean jre when I typed it. Blackdown-jre seemed to be a binary install.

Don