"Patrick Marquetecken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> It works,
>
> after installing the 4191.ebuild's the nvidia load perfect!!
>
> Before sending my last e-mail i have read the portage manual again but the solution
> you give me are not in there.
> Where can i find more info on the portage and emerge/ebuild.

Heh, a very helpful and down2earth developer named [EMAIL PROTECTED]
hooked me up with the above information when he introduced me to
gentoo and his sexual partner, GNU Emacs. It's nice having helpfull
developers like him which are *missing* a stick up their ass.

Anyways, feel free to ask questions. I'll try and help if I can.

Congrats on your nvidia modules working... wanna donate one of those
cards to a good cause?

:>

Late!

> Again every one thanks for helping me.
> I must say whats running now is fast an perfect!
>
> At the end i shall also say i love Gentoo :-)
>
> Patrick
> ------------------------
>  "Louis C. Candell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ------------------------
>
> >"Patrick Marquetecken"  writes:
> >
> >Do this:
> >cd /usr/portage/media-video/nvidia-kernel/
> >ebuild nvid*4191.ebuild merge
> >
> >OR open up the nvid*4191.ebuild in the same directory, and where you
> >see:
> >
> >KEYWORDS="~x86 blah blah blah"
> >
> >make it say:
> >
> >KEYWORDS="x86 blah blah blah"
> >
> >In other words, remove the tilde (~) from in front of the x86 and
> >save the ebuild in place, the just go ahead and do:
> >
> >emerge nvidia
> >
> >That should work....
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> At first thank you all for the help already given, it was quit late yesterday so
> >> i want to start all over form scratch.
> >> It seems i have version 1.0.3123
> >>
> >> Trying to install version 1.0.4191, gives me the error that they been masked.
> >>
> >---
> >Louis C. Candell

Louis C. Candell