Hi

I recently got hold of a live-cd containg gentoo stage1,2 and 3 tarballs and a
few packages. I read through the /usr/share/doc/install.txt and also read the
portage manual and guide. I find the whole portages/emerge idea very
interesting and would like to give it a try, except I have the little problem
of no internet access on the box I'm installing Gentoo.

I have internet access elsewhere, so my question is how would I go about
installing and keeping up to date, my gentoo box at home. There surely must be
a way to set up /etc/make.conf or whatever to lookup the files i separetly
downloaded and copied to /some/dir/.

emerge sync, emerge -up world , ect all want to connect to the gentoo mirrors.

Any help?
Thanks
Eugene