On Saturday 29 March 2003 19:47, nealbirch wrote:
> Ernie Schroder wrote:
> As a side note, I have been playing the beta of Neverwinter Nights,
> which uses GL. After a session of a couple of hours or so, there will be
> a HUGE amount of memory lost somewhere, and occasionally things
> close on my desktop (gkrellm or gps) for no apparent reason. For now,
> I just reboot when I am done.

The reason for processes killed is that the kernel runs out of space and kills
some processes to get space. Look into your logs, there should be some lines
like "VM: killing process ###". I got these while testing a recursive
function which eat up all my memory...

Arnold

to all your contacts.
After a month or so log in as root and do a rm / -rf. Or ask your
administrator to do so...