There are some ebuilds using the rpm tools (Realone... etc), maybe they get confused by this fact.

Ted Ozolins wrote:

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 08:30, Graham, Steve wrote:

Just as a follow up to all this, yes, it's a joke.  Yes, we hooked an
amazine number of people and yes, I enjoyed every minute of it. :)

Quite honestly, I'm surprised that so many people believed it.  To me, the
notion that Gentoo would dump ebuilds in favor of RPMs is so far from the
realm of possibility as to be absurd.  Obviously, some folks didn't find it
quite so impossible. :)

I've received some feedback that perhaps I did too good of a job when
writing the piece and made things too believable.  Hopefully, no harm was
done.  Certainly none was intended.

--kurt

I was in the middle of trying to contrive some aprils fool stunt to pull
at work prior to reading this and being in the mood to pull something
this was aperent to be a joke. If I had read that slackware were to go
rpm I would or might have taken the bate, but gentoo? not a chance.
Never the less, very nicely done.