On April 2, 2003 07:00 pm, Mitchell James wrote:
> Gentoo must have a CD distribution with certified training classes
> before it has a chance at my company.
>
> I also have had problems acheiving a stable configuration and wouldn't
> recommend your standard desktop user be exposed to that much pain.

i have to say that this sort of response is VERY surprising to me.  while i
only have a small network here @home, i've had very few problems when it
comes to stability (mostly the linux learning curve).  and what's this about
"certified training classes"?  why would you need that?  just pick up a book
and go nuts.  i've always felt that certification is just the windows world
thinking being imposed on linux.  ...i mean, how is having some piece of
paper mean you can do your job?

this, like everything else i post is not meant to be a match in a gas-filled
room, but i find this thinking very odd and would like to hear if there are
others who swing this way.

--
the great only appear great because we are on our knees
        - james connolly