Well my system is working :)

cat /proc/pci

Bus  0, device   9, function  0:
    RAID bus controller: Promise Technology, Inc. 20268R (rev 2).
      IRQ 5.
      Master Capable.  Latency=64.  Min Gnt=4.Max Lat=18.
      I/O at 0xa400 [0xa407].
      I/O at 0xa800 [0xa803].
      I/O at 0xac00 [0xac07].
      I/O at 0xb000 [0xb003].
      I/O at 0xb400 [0xb40f].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xf6000000 [0xf600ffff].

Anyway i have 2.4.20-gentoo-r5 kernel and i compiled
with this options:

ATA/IDE/MFM/RLL support  --->
  <*> ATA/IDE/MFM/RLL support
      IDE, ATA and ATAPI Block devices  --->
           [*]     PROMISE PDC202{46|62|65|67|68|69|70} support
           [*]       Special UDMA Feature
           [*]       Special FastTrak Feature
           <*> Support for IDE Raid controllers (EXPERIMENTAL)
           <*>    Support Promise software RAID (Fasttrak(tm)) (EXPERIMENTAL)

So basicly i access my drives like if i used modeprobe pdcraid
on /dev/ataraid/disc0 (for the first array) ..disc1 for the second array.

What is the error that you are getting ?

regards,
RNuno