> Hi,
>    I've got a number of 1394 hard drives. I'd like to set up some sort of a
> regular backup of my Gentoo box in the studio. Can someone recommend a tool
> that has an ebuild and will support backing up to a hard drive?
>
>    I prefer a GUI based tool, or something very easy to remember how to use
> if it's command line based.

Is your goal to back up the built-in drive to several 1394 drives?
if the 1394 drives are as big or bigger than the built-in, you could
just mount the 1394 and use rsync to mirror the built-in to the 1394.
After the first time, rsync would be able to bring it up to date very
quickly.
I haven't messed with the hotplug stuff, but in theory, you could set up
a script that did the mount and rsync when you plugged the drive in and
sent you an email (or whatever) when it was done.

--
Chris Bare
[EMAIL PROTECTED]