You're welcome.

On Tue, 27 May 2003 23:29:40 +0400
 Dmitry  Suzdalev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tuesday 27 May 2003 23:03, brett holcomb wrote:
You enable it in /etc/modules.conf - there are some
comments there on how to do it. As to whether you should
depends on your system. Try it and see what happens.

Thanks, brett!
I've enabled it, but didn't notice some notable changes :).
Only one: my XFree 3.0 animated cursor stopped to blink from time to time, like it did before enabling FastWrites.

glxgears give the same result as before update: about 2100 fps.

Everything works fine (for about 5 minutes), so, I think I will not bother setting it back :).

thanks again.

WBW, Dmitry.
--
Gentoo Linux 2.4.20 #1 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1700+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux