> Why not use a Gentoo LiveCD and boot from it.  It's got
> everything you need to run a system.

Brett,
   Is the LiveCD the same things as the Stage123 install CD?

   I suggested this possibility earlier but one responder said it wasn't
built to do that. I booted from the Stage 123 install CD last night to play
around with this idea. My thought was I installed grub from that CD in the
first place. It must have enough on it to make this work, if I could find
the right set of command to give it.

   Maybe we could come up with a document about how to use one of these CD's
to repair a system? I'd be up for helping on that.

Thanks,
Mark