On Mon Jun 02, 2003 at 08:46:51PM +0000 or thereabouts, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
> Has anybody upgraded to 4363-r2 drivers? I am running a Ti4600 and
> wondered if any problems had been encounted - performance
> degregation/gains?
> --
>
> --[ UxBoD ]--
> GPGKID [402E340E] [182C F930 C7E4 CA70 A202  9A82 82AC B1EA 402E 340E]
> gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 402E340E

Greetings!
I have been using the latest drivers from Nvidia without a problem. I'm new to Gentoo
and was apprehensive about using them, but they install without a hitch. The new
install script works like a charm, even compiling the kernel modules needed at boot.
Remember you have to use the install script from  the console, not from X. Then be
sure to make the appropriate changes in your XF86Config file. I used the latest
drivers from the Nvidia site. The install script is much better and you only need to
download one file.
Hope this helps. Good luck. Also be sure to place the modules in your
/etc/modules.autoload file so they are inserted at boot time.

--
Regards,
Mike