been running Gentoo on my laptop for almost 6 months now, I have
previously run Suse, Mandrake, Debian and Slackware. If you already have
linux installed on the laptop: save your XFreeConfig files!!

Concerning the heat: I solved it by improving the air circulation during
long (overnight) compiles. I put my laptop on 2 bricks so the air can
get underneat it as well.

Finne

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Wrolstad, Andy wrote:

> My only concern was heat...a 14+ hour compile can generate alot of heat in a
> laptop.

> I'm getting a laptop soon. Not the latest model, but reasonably useable
> (aiming for somewhere around 800 MHz, 256 meg).

I'm running on a Siemens Lifebook 700MHz, 128 MB ram

mvg
Finne Boonen