[EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> > What made Postfix so good you never looked back.  Or what
> > made Qmail such that you never wanted to go back to it?
>
> Primarily, the configuration.  Postfix's configuration seems alot more
> straight forward to me.  Qmail was not HARD to configure, but I feel alot
> more comfortable with postfix.

Interesting. That's the reason why I choose qmail over Postfix when leaving
Sendmail on my SuSE box.

I bought Dave Sill's book (it's a Life With Qmail-based install) and following the
instruction installed qmail without a problem. Today qmail is running on a production
server, with searchable Mailman lists, vpopmail, qmailadmin...

On my box I also have integrated anti-spam filter as well as anti-virus engine.

All in all, the lack of clear documentation for Postfix made me to choose Qmail and
never looked back :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--