I have to say, I am quite happy with qmail.  It takes a little bit to
wrap one's head around all the little pieces, but the design is really
elegant, and totally unix in philosophy: simple tools that do simple
things reliably, that you string together to do what you want.

I too have implemented spam filtering. I use qconfirm. It works great. I
found qmail quite will documented. Even without the book, with the book
it should be a peice of cake.  I submitted an ebuild for qconfirm in
response to a bug requesting one, but I do not think the bug has even
been looked at by any one on the gentoo team.  It is bug #21580. The
bugs.gentoo.org seems to be down at the moment or I would paste a url.
The ebuild can be downloaded from the attachment, and put in your
portage overlay dir to install with emerge.  Per the requirements for
new ebuilds it is masked.

I love that fact that qmail never runs as root, and will not even
deliver mail to root.

I have to admit I have never played with postfix.

Lincoln

--
Lincoln A. Baxter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>