On 8/6/03 5:15 pm, "Aaron Matteson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In case anyone cares...
>
> //-----------------------------------------------------------
> // 100GB Western Digital ata100 hdd on a Pentium4 1.7GHz/512MB DDR266
> //-----------------------------------------------------------
>
> /home/darkstar# hdparm -Tt /dev/hda
>
> /dev/hda:
> Timing buffer-cache reads:   128 MB in  0.32 seconds =400.00 MB/sec
> Timing buffered disk reads:  64 MB in  1.56 seconds = 41.03 MB/sec
>... <lots more stats>

Erm... Well, no, I don't really care.   ;-]

>From last months æWhat are your "hdparm -Tt /devhda" results?" thread, I
already know my results are slow. I also gather that hdparm isn't as
accurate as bonnie++.

What I want to know is why they are so slow, and if I can fix it.
The error message "Hmmmn... Suspicious results" concerns me - can I fix
it..?

Last month's thread of the ENTIRE group posting their hdparm results got
tedious - this group is busy enough already, so can we NOT start that
again, please..?

Thanks,

Stroller.

--
Enjoyed this post? Thanks for reading - please consider employing me!
Technical support / system administration - CV available on request