On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 09:43:02PM +0200, hotmail-hguiwerkj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have finally taken the first step in leaving RedHat. (I wont go into
> the details of why. ;-)
>
> So, looking for another distro, I stumbled over gentoo, which to me
> looks to be a wonderful alternative. Or at least, if I will manage to
> get it installed. ;-)...
>   .
>   .
>   .
>
> After about one hours work of compiling and such, I got the error messages:
>
> # ipt_realm.c: In function 'match':
> # ipt_realm.c:29: structure has no member named 'tclassid'
> # make[2]: *** [ipt_realm.o] Error 1
> # make[2]: Leaving directory
> '/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-gentoo-r5/net/ipv4/netfilter'
> # make[1]: *** [_modsubdir_ipv4/netfilter] Error 2
> # make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-gentoo-r5/net'
> # make: *** [_mod_net] Error 2
>
> So, what do I do next?
>
> *Any* hints, ideas or RTFM's highly appreciated.

The kernel config process is somewhat smart, but not completely smart,
about identifying interdependencies among its components. If you go into
the kernel configuration screen for netfilter and disable the option to
match on "realm", you should get rid of this problem. (Alternatively,
there's something somewhere else in the kernel you can build to satisfy
the dependency... but are you really planning to build a firewall that
can match on realm?)

Nathan Meyers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]