On 11 Jun 2003 12:09:22 +0100
Dan Fairs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> However, I do like to have the Sun JDK for the rest of the system. Is
> it possible to install the blackdown JDK, and point Moz at the
> Blackdown plugin, but use the Sun JDK as my 'day-to-day' JDK? Hmmm...

Yes it is. The problem is that binaries compiled with different versions
of GCC (old 2.x.x, 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2.x) are not compatible. You'’ve
without a doubt compiled Mozilla with GCC 3.2.x and the pre-compiled
sun-jdk has been compiled with some older version of GCC, so they won'’t
work together.

There are two different solutions to your situation: you can either
emerge the new Blackdown java for Mozilla, and use the pre-compiled sun
java for everything else (except if you want to compile OO, since it
seems to want blackdown java), or you can do what I did and compile the
sun java yourself and use it for everything. It is in the portage:
emerge sun-j2sdk or something like that...

--
janne

"So act that your principle of action might safely be made a law for
 the whole world." - Immanuel Kant