On 11 Jun 2003 15:42:32 +0100
Dan Fairs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > There are two different solutions to your situation: you can either
> > emerge the new Blackdown java for Mozilla, and use the pre-compiled
> > sun java for everything else (except if you want to compile OO,
> > since it seems to want blackdown java), or you can do what I did and
> > compile the sun java yourself and use it for everything. It is in
> > the portage: emerge sun-j2sdk or something like that...
>
> That explains everything :). Thanks for the info, I'll give it a go. I
> have to confess I didn't notice that the Java sources are in portage
> too...

If you do the compile of the sun java, you need to unmerge open-motif
first if you use it or you will have problems compiling. Once sun-java
is finished, you can re-emerge open-motif. Least ways that is what I
remember having to do to get it to work.

--
Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away.