On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:

> Now I have another problem: Portage still says that user is not in 'portage'
> group...
> 'less /etc/group' shows that he is there, but 'emerge -s no-matter-what'
> thinks in another way :).
>
> Do I have to take some additional steps? I tried to exit from current xterm
> and login in another one but to no avail. It continues to think that I'm not
> in portage group....

There's another quick-n-dirty option.  'sg portage' will put you in group
portage (which you can do since /etc/group shows you in portage).  You'll
have to do this for each xterm until you fully log out and log in again.
You will still be in your other groups too.

--
Marshal Newrock, Simon's Rock College of Bard
Caution: product may be hot after heating