I was muxing w/ this some more. Actually I have a system that I am going
to start doing backups on. I found a couple of other directories that I
thought should be excluded to.

/proc
/mnt/.init.d
/var/tmp
/dev
/tmp
/mnt
/usr/local/backups/archive
/usr/portage

The archive directory is where I would be keeping the other backs, and
/usr/portage can easilly be sync'd. And you probably don't want /mnt
either.

Another note to mention, if you running a database you might want to shut
it off before the backup.

~Mike

-><-

"And don't tell me there isn't one bit of difference between null and
space, because that's exactly how much difference there is. :-)"
--Larry Wall in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>