I haven't tried it, but you should also be able to make yourself your own
ebuild that depends on all the packages that you want installed and stick
this into all of your machines' overlay directories.  For an example, look
at the qmail-sumo ebuild.

Actually, now that I think about it, this version has an additional
benefit.  You can force all of your installations to be "pinned" to a
single version of some package.  This is useful if you take the "don't fix
what's not broken" policy and would like to avoid upgrading like a madman.

Wes