Thomas J. Hamman wrote:
> Look at /etc/conf.d/net.  There should be a line that looks like this:
>
> iface_eth0="dhcp"
>
> If it's not there, put it there.  If it's there but commented, then
> uncomment it.  Make sure all the other iface_eth0 lines are commented
> out.  That will cause the /etc/init.d/net.eth0 script to use dhcp when
> you boot.  Also make sure net.eth0 is in the default runlevel... if it
> isn't, add it with "rc-update add net.eth0 default".

Hmm.  I think I see a problem here.  'net.eth0' is in /etc/init.d, along
with 'net.ppp0' and 'net.lo'.  'net.eth0' is already run at startup.  But
there is no /etc/init.d/net file.  Where would I acquire (my Ferengi
heritage) a copy of this?

In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

Tom  :-})

Thomas A. Condon