On Friday 20 June 2003 00:05, Jeffrey Soldan wrote:
> My understanding is that a release candidate is build that is being tested
> for release but may still have a few bugs left.  Basically they have all
> the features the release will have but they aren't (yet) the official
> release because they may still have some bugs.
>
> I'm not I understand your question about the final release of Gentoo... If
> you mean then the RC will be dropped... I dunno but I'd guess when they get
> rid of the bugs.

My understanding of what an RC is, is exactly what you have said.  It just
seems like Gentoo doesn't use the same definitions.  They have been adding
major new functionality into the "release candidate" such as greatly improved
auto-detection and many other things....  It sorta gives the "RC" no meaning
at all.

I guess Gentoo is a resource for building what you want, then.  No a real
distrobution.  But it seems to be a great resource, in many respects.