Am Dienstag, 24. Juni 2003 09:52 schrieb Timo Boettcher:
> Hi,
>
>   I was asked to show Gentoo in my local LUG, to make a
>   Demo-Installation or something like this.
>   As the place where we meet has no Internet to speak of (64kbit
>   single ISDN) and the meetings are pretty short (3hours), it would be
>   hard to show a full gentoo Installation.
Show upgrading a simple, small paket instead.

>   So, what should I show them?

>   The minimal solution for me would be to take a Laptop with Gentoo
>   Installed, merge/unmerge some packages, fine. But IMO the most
>   distinguishing part of Gentoo is its install.

>   Lacking real compiling power (best we got is a dual P3-933), we
Err, if this machine is lacking compiling power, there must be something
really wrong with it ;-)

>   could just precompile some things and build binary packages.
Yep, also good to show: "You can build binary packages for later reuse".

>   What do you like best on Gentoo? What would you tell/show them?
USE Flags, Slots (install KDE2 and KDE3 on the same machine), init script's
dependencies, EVMS capable installation,...

HTH...

        Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)151 1513 6954
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 47068 111