On Tuesday 24 June 2003 01:33, Timo Boettcher wrote:
> Hi Dirk,
>
> Nachricht vom Dienstag, 24. Juni 2003, 10:04:21:
> > Am Dienstag, 24. Juni 2003 09:52 schrieb Timo Boettcher:
> >>   Lacking real compiling power (best we got is a dual P3-933), we
> >
> > Err, if this machine is lacking compiling power, there must be
> > something really wrong with it ;-)
>
> That machine DOES lack the compiling power to bootstrap and "emerge
> gnome" (on a blank system, compiling all deps) inside 3 hours.
>
>  Timo

P3s are one of the best archs out there for compiling due to their great math
handling...

Aside from that, my favorite aspect of Gentoo is the ease of keeping it going
once the install is done.  I referred to it as "low-maintenance" to a
Windows-using friend and I thought he was going to recommend me for an
exorcism (despite the fact I am Jewish ;)).  But, as a long time Linux user,
it *is* low maintenance for a power-user's (as opposed to RH or Mandrake)
distro.

--
Zack Gilburd
http://tehunlose.com