I have run into certain issues with scp, where the remote server will only
accept "scp -v -2 [EMAIL PROTECTED] connections, because the remote server is
forcing protocol 2 only connections.  Have you tried that?

-----Original Message-----
From: Rex Walters [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 8:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with scp

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 07:48:49PM +1000, Paul Colquhoun wrote:

> > On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Paul Colquhoun wrote:
> >
> > >The only problem I am having is with scp. I have openssh installed,
> and
> > >can ssh into the box, but cannot copy files to the box with scp. When
> > >try, I get asked for my password (as expected), then the session just
> > >sits there, doing nothing.

[snip]

> $ scp xx [EMAIL PROTECTED]:.
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]'s password:

Please post the output of "scp -v xx [EMAIL PROTECTED]:"

It's probably your shell trying to be interactive (are you using
csh/tcsh by any chance?).  Try temporarily renaming all shell
configuration files (~/.{cshrc,login,profile,bash_profile,bashrc).

Regards,
--
Rex

--- PRESBYTERIAN HEALTHCARE SERVICES DISCLAIMER ---

This message originates from Presbyterian Healthcare Services or one of its
affiliated organizations. It contains information, which may be confidential
or privileged, and is intended only for the individual or entity named above.
It is prohibited for anyone else to disclose, copy, distribute or use the
contents of this message. All personal messages express views solely of the
sender, which are not to be attributed to Presbyterian Healthcare Services or
any of its affiliated organizations, and may not be distributed without this
disclaimer. If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately at [EMAIL PROTECTED]