From: brett holcomb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 8:44 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fork of Gentoo?

I think we need to wait and get more facts before we
ascribe evil intent to Gentoo based on one person's web
site.  I don't know either Daniel or the other guy in any
way but all we've heard is his side.  Strangely, there
were no allegations of evil plotting and none of this
mattered until the fork announcement was made.  As to the
reorg I prefer to attribute it to the fact the Gentoo's
rapid growth made it obvious that something needed to be
done to address growing pain issues - which every company
that grows rapidly and beyond expectations has.  The
timing - well that may be just the way things worked out.

As for me I'm continuing to use Gentoo and will wait until
the other side of the story is.

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:05:42 -0400
  Ernie Schroder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>On Friday 27 June 2003 09:49 am, Thomas T. Veldhouse
>wrote:
>> It is clear there is more to this than Gentoo is letting
>>on ... or
>> there wouldn't be a reorg going on
>

>The way I see it, reorganization is needed to separate
>Gentoo the distro
>from Gentoo Games and perhaps a future Gentoo Embedded.
>Daniel has promised an explanation at some vague point in
>the future.
>See:
>http://www.osnews.com/comment.php?news_id=3892&offset=45&rows=48#115886
>
>--
>Regards, Ernie
>100% Microsoft and Intel free
>

>--

--- PRESBYTERIAN HEALTHCARE SERVICES DISCLAIMER ---

This message originates from Presbyterian Healthcare Services or one of its
affiliated organizations. It contains information, which may be confidential
or privileged, and is intended only for the individual or entity named above.
It is prohibited for anyone else to disclose, copy, distribute or use the
contents of this message. All personal messages express views solely of the
sender, which are not to be attributed to Presbyterian Healthcare Services or
any of its affiliated organizations, and may not be distributed without this
disclaimer. If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately at [EMAIL PROTECTED]