Hello, Dhruba.

On Thursday 10 July 2003 21:23, Dhruba Bandopadhyay wrote:
> etcat -d package
>
> Etcat is my favourite in preference to qpkg.

Wow, it's quite nice! Havent heard of it.
Now I was able to find out that 'libglade' is a new dependency of
'xscreensaver'! Thanks.

> > May be its because some new USE-flags in make.globals?
>
> Yes.  Do a sync, emerge ufed and reselect your use flags.  Do not edit
> make.globals.

Already have it installed. Flags seem to be OK.

> > a) I have libxml2 installed and I wonder why might I need 'libxml'? Even
> > 'libxml2' docs recommend get rid of first version of library.
>
> Check whether you have both xml and xml2 use flags enabled.  If so,
> remove xml.

No, I have only xml2, but it still wants to have libxml. I'll look at the
output of 'etcat -d libxml' later... )

> > c) Gosh, I even don't know what is 'flac', 'libfame' and 'id3lib'!
>
> They are dependencies maybe?

Yeah, they were dependencies of xine-lib.

Thanks for you great help, Dhruba!

Dmitry.
--
Sorry for bad English. My $native_language=$perl;