On Thursday 10 July 2003 01:27, William Kenworthy wrote:
> Havent had a problem with reiserfs on raid, except where the ide cable
> on one drive fell out when in full flight ... And the main mess was
> because I didnt identify the problem soon enough and tried to fix it by
> reformating the raid, thinking I had massive partition corruption
> instead of half the stripe!

I had never a raid, but a ide-cable with an loose contact, eating the
partition table of two disks until I identified it...

My last 'true' reiserfs-problem was more than a year ago, when I had literally
millions of files with almost the same name (date&a number) with some bytes
sizes in a directory.

Reiser did not slow down.. but I had a similar not deletable file error.. and
a rebuild-tree fixed it.

In all the years I did roughly a douzen of --rebuild-trees, with loss of files
one time... the harddisk had a defect bearing.. and two days later, I got a
new one. (I like my computer 'dealer'... they are very fair and
accomodating).

If you have a problem that is totally reiserfs' fault, go to www.namesys.com..
I think, they would like to hear about it...

Glück Auf
Volker