Jonathan Nichols wrote:
Greets, all..this is probably a *really* easy question, but I'm drawing blanks even after reading manpages & searching forums....

mail jnichols%

Wow, Apache 2.x is now unmasked. Cool! But, I don't want it yet. I'm quite happy with 1.3.27 right now.

Is there an easy way to just skip Apache 2.x and emerge everything else?

Yes. To my utter surprise not one person has caught onto the proper way to deal with this request. Simply inject a stub to make portage think apache2 is installed.

emerge -i net-www/apache-2.0.47

Easy?