On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Joao Sena Ribeiro wrote:

>On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 15:59, Christopher Fisk wrote:
>
>> This assumes we changed operating systems to start
>> running Gentoo.  What about when we just add Gentoo
>> to the list of operating systems we use?
>
>Perhaps you may answer with the operating system you use the most,
>besides Gentoo...

Gentoo at home on my desktop 99% of the time, other 1% of the time is when
a friend comes over and we want to play a game together that machine gets
booted into windows to play.

Windows XP Home edition on my laptop run 90% of the time, ssh'd into the
Gentoo machine for e-mail and other services.

Debian linux as my workstation at the office, just because I don;'t have
the time to reinstall it as Gentoo.

10x Gentoo based internet servers installed on Toshiba SG-10's (Taking the
RedHat 6.1 off of them) for Firewall/Proxy/E-mail/Web Services for our
managed customers onsite.

5 Legacy debian servers

The main reason we are moving out Debian servers to Gentoo is that Gentoo
allows us to keep uptodate easier with packages easier than apt.  (Try
using apt-get on a potato system to fix the openssh hole of 4 months
ago...  not possible.  You had to made custome deb packages.

Portage will keep that from being a problem.

Christopher Fisk
--
   Hobbes : Shouldn't we read the instructions?
   Calvin : Do I look like a sissy?