> Meanwhile I found out, that the suspend time is just extended without WLAN:
> around 30 seconds instead of 5. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
>
> So this seems to be a very complex problem to me. I am not sure if it is
> even possible what I want. I wonder if there is anyone out there that
> successfully suspends his drive for more than 5 five minutes on a linux
> desktop (notebook) system.

Could it have something to do with your system logging? check the log
and see if something is getting written frequently. Some of the newer
loggers will buffer their output, so that may help. You can also turn
down what gets logged unless you are trying to debug something.
Apologies if you already though of this.

--
Chris Bare
[EMAIL PROTECTED]