Alle 12:05, venerd́ 25 luglio 2003, Theofilos Intzoglou ha scritto:
>   It really takes a lot of time to compile the whole kde environment and
> if you say that you stop the compiling and restart it, it should take a
> lot more as the package that the emerge was compiling when you stopped

Ok, I forget to say that I've stopped the compiling only while it has
completed a step and then tries to connect to the internet to download the
sources needed for the nex step. In this way I thought to reduce to the
maximum the lost time because of the stop. In fact every time that it resumed
the compiling process, this restart exactly from the point in which it had
been interrupted.

> bzImage modules modules_install' you should do the following:
>
> mount /boot
> cp /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/nameofthekernel
> vi /etc/lilo.conf (to add an entry for the new kernel you have named
> nameofthekernel) (optional if you overwrite the old kernel with the new
> one)
> lilo (THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!)
> umount /boot
Yes, it's correct. Probably I have forgotten also to run lilo, beyond that
mounting the boot partition.
Thanks, your answer is sure of great aid
--
stefano
(stefanoceci.it)