Being sick and tired of seeing strange characters all over the place
in documents, I have taken the decision to convert my whole system to
use unicode for character encoding. Has anybody else done that before? I
have found a page on the Internet that explains some stuff but any help
is welcome! This is the link:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/unicode.html

  Are there any problems using unicode? Most libraries nowadays support
UTF-8 and most programs are converted to use it. Maybe creating a HOWTO
would be a nice idea (if it doesn't already exist) adding a list at
the end of applications that support UTF-8. Thanks in advance!