Hi Steven!

The problem is that if I use the iso8859-1 charset I won't be able to
read the greek messages that my friends send me ;-) I am from Greece so
I have to use iso8859-7 to read greek but then when someone writes some
german or french characters with accents I get some greek letters in
their words/names. These characters may also appear in
filenames. Following the howto that is on the link that I posted I
managed to have a Unicode console that can show up to 100+ languages
with the appropriate font :-) This is something that I'd like to see in
every app and it isn't that difficult to use as a simple user or to code
if you are a developer. Most GTK2/QT apps support Unicode. Interested
yet? Imagine that using Unicode everything you write in an email will
stay the same on the other end of the line as there will be no charset
convertion. Also you can have multilingual emails/documents with a
combination of English/Japanese/Thai/Hebrew in plain text!!! Even math
symbols! I think that it deserves some testing don't you ;-)