On Tuesday 29 July 2003 10:16, Bud Roth wrote:
> I posted earlier about the same problem.  I tried both depmod -a and
> update-modules.  Also, my sound device "/dev/dsp" is missing.  I'm
> confused.  Any ideas?
>
> moosilauk linux # depmod -a
> depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
> /lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/block/loop.o

Try depmod -a -F /usr/src/linux-2.4.20-gentoo-r5/System.map
Don't know if it'll work, but could be the problem.

> > > without this module support (iptables needs the ip_table kernel
> > > support as a module not built-in), even thou i love gentoo.. i'll
> > > prolly have to siwtch back to redhat **shudder**..

What is this? A threat? Please don't assume that a lack of help is because we
don't want you with us. It is almost exclusively a lack of knowledge (or
understanding) of a problem in situations that there are no valuable replies.

Jason