On July 29, 2003 01:50 pm, Dhruba Bandopadhyay wrote:
> Emerge sync was never really 'quick' as such.  A lot of files (~50000)
> files get updated each time including cache during the 'hang' that you
> mention.  Unless you have a very fast computer it will take some time.

so what're the chances that portage might be switching to a more robust
database-driven setup?  i'm just a webgeek, but i would think that doing an
emergesync and updating the portage cache would be considerably faster if
everything were running on mysql or something....

--
i pray that my son does not die today. but if he should die, i pray that he
dies well. but most of all, i pray that if he lives, it will not be dishonour