Collins Richey wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:32:59 -0400
daniel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On July 29, 2003 01:50 pm, Dhruba Bandopadhyay wrote:

Emerge sync was never really 'quick' as such. A lot of files
(~50000) files get updated each time including cache during the
'hang' that you mention.

so what're the chances that portage might be switching to a more
robust database-driven setup?

My $.02.  I don't need to sync hourly, so it's no big deal.  I'd rather
see time spent on making portage more robust.

Agreed! Just put emerge sync in a cron job or during the night, and you'll never know how much time it took ;) Like you did with emerge xfree... and kde.. gnome, etc..