On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Patrick [ISO-8859-1] Börjesson wrote:

>> Does that accomplish what you are looking for?
>
>Although I don't have a better idea, I don't think that's what he's
>looking for since luser won't be able to navigate through his/her
>home-directory at all (according to bash's man-page, search for rbash).

In that case chrsh might be what he is looking for.  He will have to copy
things like ls, bash, ps, etc into the chroot area, but that would
restrict him down pretty good as well.

http://www.aarongifford.com/computers/chrsh.html

Was developed under FreeBSD, but I've got it working on Gentoo right now
on my home machine that I gave someone a completely separate chroot'd area
to work in.

Christopher Fisk
--
Homer:  Well, the evening began at the Gentleman's Club, where we were
        discussing Wittgenstein over a game of backgammon.